Sunday, September 16, 2012

Religious Toleration

Well as I sit here on this Sunday, watching cartoons with Eva, I thought I would spend this time doing something productive. Being a blogger, or rather trying to be, I try to stay up on the latest relevant news and unless you have been living under a rock for the past week you cannot help but know that there is some terrible stuff happening all over the world right now. I posted about the Egyptian protests and would have covered everything that was going on in Libya but thought that you would have enough information from everyone else, but you can see that on my Facebook Page. I also just plain didn't have the time.



What I want to talk about, if you couldn't figure it out, is the relationships that we have between the various religions of the world. Why can we not just get along? As Americans we of all people should respect and understand the need for religious toleration because we are a nation founded on religious toleration.  Have we forgotten the history that we were taught in school, or is that just not taught anymore? We need to get back to our roots and remember that a large portion of our early immigrants came to the US to escape from the repression that was going on in their native lands.

Everyone goes on about muslim-this and muslim-that but forget that we have our very own extremists here in our own country such as the Westboro Baptist Church nuts. We also have people like Terry Jones, the KKK, the Neo-Nazis, and many others. So why do we insistently look beyond our borders for hate and ignorance when we breed it so well here.

I want to raise my daughter in a nation that cares about the history that built it. I am not saying that I want to live in a sissy nation, I absolutely do not believe in political correctness, and think that everyone deserves that fair chance if they earn it. I am also a man who thinks that everyone should have to serve at least two years in the armed services, kids should be spanked when needed, rapists and pedophiles should be castrated, and you should have to piss in a cup before receiving any type of governmental assistance.

While I spent my time in Afghanistan back in 08-09 I learned a few things about the way of life over there. The Koran is not supposed to be translated into any language other than the Arabic it is printed in. Most Afghans in the area I was in could barely read or write in their native language, much less a foreign one. So what are they to do? This is when organizations such as Al-Qaeda and Taliban send in their own "translators" to act as mullahs. What actually happens is that they are taught a bastardized version that calls for acts of terror on innocent people. This is why education is so important there. Education is the key to breeding out in ignorance in these areas.

This is not a fresh tactic though. During the Crusades the less traveled peasants of the English countryside were told terrible tales of the Muslims. These stories were spread and exaggerated by, guess who, the Catholic Church. Once again you have a large religion taking advantage of the less educated and using it to enrich themselves in both power and wealth.

Please don't think me un-American for these words because if anything they are truly American. I think being an American means that you think about things from all angles before you form your own opinions. It also means keeping an open mind about everything.

I will leave off with this next little bit. My stance on the deaths that we are witnessing? Avoid a full blown attack/war. Send in one of several of our small, elite, and deadly teams. Strike Hard, Strike Fast, destroy what we have to, and get out. Seek out vengeance for the right reasons and not to use it as a re-election weapon. We as a nation cannot afford another war but we can be brought together with swift action.

Got comments? Leave them below.

2 comments:

  1. Well I had originally left a long and lengthy comment, however, for reason it did not post.

    So in a nutshell, I agree with you. I recognize the fact that our nation has bent to political correctness and is not calling a spade a spade.

    This does not stop at the issues we are having with Islamic nations, whether they be supports of groups such as the Muslim Brotherhood,Al Qaeda, Taliban, etc.; or not. This also includes or own nations views on Christians, Jews, or Illegal Immigrants. Not to mention, the easily overlooked voter intimidation by the black panther organization.

    We have a lot of issues, and many are being brushed aside. Obviously, our main issue, is that of our CIC and his views.

    Perhaps we should get back to showing use of force against some of these people. Stick our chest's out and let them know they we are not f*cking around.

    We used to be feared. It obvious, that this is no longer the case.

    I further, do not see any change so long as President Obama is in office.


    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that we have to have some sort of show of force, but we need to, unlike them, use escalation of force rules. I don't agree that we were feared. I think that we were respected because we did what was right here at home and abroad. We earned that respect and we have lost it. I think that one of the reasons we have lost it, like you said, is that we are now afraid of hurting someone's feelings and calling it like it is. All in all I agree with you though.

    ReplyDelete