Monday, August 27, 2012

Summer's End

Eva sure is enjoying that watermelon
Delicious watermelon!
Today has been pretty uneventful. This is the end to a big summer for me. We have left Virginia after being there less than a 1 1/2 years, to move up to Ohio. We have only one connection here and that is our friends Klahzia and Robert, no family, no other friends. I got a new job, in a office nonetheless, that I actually kind of like. Cari is working, Eva is in a new school where she is being exposed to a whole new culture.




We have started a new lifestyle to get healthier, the Primal Blueprint. The PB is a great thing because we can eat healthy, enjoy the spoils of the farmer's market, and spend more time together as a family, which is the best part of all. I even had to give up a lifetime addiction to caffeine, which I encourage every one of you to try. We have had our hard times this year just like everyone else and have pushed through what I hope is the worst of it.

The picture above is Eva eating a big piece of watermelon that we picked up from the farmer's market. She is growing up so fast! I cannot believe that she will be four this November. All three of the kids just got out of a nice warm bath because they had been outside playing in the rain, jumping in puddles and catching raindrops on their tongues. I was flabberghasted today when I picked her up from school and one of her teachers told me that Eva walked up to her the other day and said that her daddy is big and strong and that he is a great hero. I love knowing that she thinks that and strive everyday to prove her right. Even though I am no longer a active duty Marine I can still be a hero.
Snoopy stole the bed and the blankets!
All cuddled up.

Now that this summer is winding to an end I can only hope that the fall brings even more greatness for my family and I. We are looking to fix our credit, trying to buy a house, and looking for better jobs that will give us more benefits and fulfillment. I cannot be more thankful to Klahzia and Robert for everything they have done for us. Even Snoopy is liking it up here, just look at him lying on that bed.

In closing remember this, although you may not be made of money, make the most of what you ARE made of and life will do you right. Like they say in Hawai'i-"If can, can, if no can, no can" and if you have ever been there you will know that they have it right.

























No comments:

Post a Comment